Answered On Last Updated: Aug 20, 2020

My computer has crashed and I have lost my work. What should I do?

The Library building is now open for Roehampton students, alumni and staff. Please note, some of our services have been temporarily adjusted, please see our Library Building is Open information page for up to date information.

First you can check the front facing IT support desk to see whether a member of the IT team is available. 

If they are not available, you can log a request for Emergency IT Assistance on Service Desk. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the student portal and choose Service Desk, found under Report an Issue. From here, select 'View all Services' and pick 'Emergency Library IT Assistance'. Fill in the form as necessary and the IT team will get in touch with you personally. 

To stop this from happening we recommend regularly saving your work either on a USB or on OneDrive. 

System Status Widget