Answered On Last Updated: Sep 02, 2020
Dawsonera, one of the major eBook platforms that the Library provided access to, stopped operating on 31st July 2020. Most eBooks have been transferred to a VLeBooks, a platform that the Library has been using for years, with no loss of continuity for our users. We are currently working on updating the links on UR Library Search and our resource lists, but this is an unprecedented situation and it might take some time to complete the process. In the meantime, you might find that some links still take you to Dawsonera, which will result an error page reading "Not Found. The requested URL was not found on this server."
While we replace the links, if this happens you can still access any eBook you want by looking it up on the VLeBooks platform by following this simple process:
- Go to https://library.roehampton.ac.uk/vlebooks
- Click on the OpenAthens button in the lower right part of the screen.
- Type "Roehampton" into the search box and click on "University of Roehampton (OpenAthens)"
- If you're not already logged in, log in with your Roehampton credentials.
- Use the title, author or ISBN to find and read your selected eBook.
If you are still experiencing problems after following this process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
University of Roehampton