Answered On Last Updated: Feb 23, 2024
Before requesting an inter library loan please check UR Library Search (Search Everything) to see if we already have access to the item. In addition, for journal article we suggest that you also check the A-Z Journal List. We can only accept requests for items not already available in the Library.
To comply with copyright requirements, a single article only from any one issue of a journal can be copied for the same user at any time. Similarly, no more than one chapter or 10% of a book can be copied.
Requests are made through UR Library Search as follows:
- Ensure you are logged into your library account before trying to request an ILL – you will see your name in the top right.
- Find the item you need in UR Library Search
- Click on ‘Request item through Interlibrary Loan’ under 'Check Availability' and fill in all the required fields on the form.
- If you're requesting a book chapter, please include the details in the note field. Especially useful are - page numbers, chapter number and chapter title.
- Enter your Roehampton email; requests with personal emails will be rejected.
- Under Barcode enter the number on your Roehampton ID card including the ‘P’.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- N.B. If you wish to request an article that cannot be found on UR Library Search, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of the article (Journal title, Author, Article Title, Year, Volume no, Issue no, Page nos)
Articles will be sent to your Roehampton email with a link and password. Please note once a document has been uploaded, it is available for 30 days or 5 views, whichever comes first.
We aim for a 2 week turn-around time provided the request has all the necessary information, the item is available and your Library account is not currently blocked for any reason.
We cannot guarantee the fulfilment of Inter Library Loans due to restrictions of lending institutions.